2012/05/31

*December 23 & 24 2011*...

My 24th Birthday was on Decmber 17th I had celebrated with my family and then with my extended familys samantha rae and shawny who celebrated a birthday also, but that Monday December 19th I was due to go in and get induced, as the baby was way late and kinda just sitting there not ready to make his way into our world yet...It was a week of hell, contractions , gel, strings nothing was working sadly, just brought on more and more pain, sleeping in a terrible hospital bed that nobody could be comfortable in.
I had been in the hospital for that whole week, Josh was due here on December 23, 2011, It was snowing, we were so scared that Joshs's flight would get cancelled and I was also upset because I thought we would have had our baby boy by now, and he wouldn't be visiting us in the hospital...His flight did get delayed instead of showing up early evening he was delayed till much later that night....I had finally gotten the go ahead I was being moved down to the labour an delivery room.... Josh wasnt here yet and I was panicking, I'm not ready I am tired, I want to go home....


Josh and Dad finally showed up after several hours of delaying the drip and having our baby, I walked around and told Josh everything I was feeling, he calmed me down and said you have come this far! and then we are here in a scary cold room where eventually the next day hopefully I would go into labour and eventually deliver a beautiful baby boy.


It was 1 am on December 24,2011 when I had an i.v. in my arm and a drip starting to put me into labour...Now just to note I had stated very clearly I did not want the epidural at all I was very afraid of it. They gave me oxytocin and pain killers in which I have to say worked quite well, but it was not enough to keep me calm and lessen the pain since all of the contractions were in my side and back. We decided on the epidural after all and thank god we did.


I remember nothing after the general pain killers, but Josh and my mother do lol.
Apparently The doctor came in to give me the epidural and i sat there and took it there was a whole bunch of stuff in between but thats not really important just funny, but I didnt even flinch they said surprisingly. Within the next few hrs I was layed down in bed and in and out of sleep with many contractions with Josh and my Mama by my side, Josh holding my hand every step of the way, even through sleep.


*6 :30 AM The nurse came into check me she said i was ready but she would let me sleep for a little bit more to get some more rest and I would know when I needed to push little did she know the drugs were working a little too well lol.

*8:30 am It's time to push Renee they all say to me, and I say back NO WAY IM STILL SLEEPING! , but within ten seconds i felt it i felt that initial moment where you realize someone is ready its their time now! Abel was ready!!!


*9:48 am December 24th, 2011 (Christmas Eve Morning) Our beautiful baby boy was born!


Josh and I got to meet our son for the very first time. My mother got to meet her grandson for the very first time. Phone calls and tears were shared I ended up having to go to the O.R. as there were some complications but those are a little more personal and I don't really like to talk about them. After I returned to the room where I had just delivered my beautiful baby boy, so here everyone was my daddy my mommy, the father of my child, and his godparents Samantha rae and Shawn! they wern't allowed to stay in that room as I was getting moved to our permanent room for the rest of the day.


Josh's family was due to show up that day as we were going to be spending the holidays together as a family. Luke his mom and dad! Everybody was showing up to meet our new little addition all the same day.!


A family we were with a little Christmas Miracle named Abel Michael Decker*












No comments: