2012/05/31

The day I found out I was pregnant*

So just to introduce you into my life quickly before this very special day...


I had been living in Calgary AB for 2 years, I was working from home in Calgary for Sears Indoor clean air services in NS, my dad called me one day and asked me if I would be my mama's Valentines day gift from him and come home for a visit for 1 week..I of course said yes. (Me and my boyfriend at the time were going through hard times) I left and took the time I was home to think, and realized I was meant to be closer to my family they would get me through anything and everything, I went back to Calgary and packed my things and told him it was over too much stress and sadness and I just wasn't happy, it was better this way as he was always away and when he was home we fought and it was like he wasn't there at all. I moved to Nova Scotia back where my family was, for good.


I was at work after several weeks of being extremely tired and very hungry, I had seen my family physician who had run a test and told me I was not pregnant, so I dropped that idea right out of my head and knocked it down to just feeling sick, My father and mother at the time were getting concerned so mom took me early from work one day and brought me to the walk-in clinic. I was a little nervous as I hate needles, well within 10 minutes I was told "You are pregnant" the initial shock set in right away especially after being told no you are  not. I went out to the waiting room and seen my mom she knew right away and smiled, after taking it in a little well as much as you can when you receive news of this kind we had to drop me back off to work and tell my father....


We sat my father down and explained well she is not sick, she is not feeling the greatest and needs to rest a bit more, he asked ok ok then whats happening, we informed him I was pregnant that he would be a grandpa. Dad just looked worried , I though he was disappointed at first as every little girl thinks their dads are when their dads realize they arnt little girls anymore, but instead he said well then we need to start resting and taking care of yourself and quit smoking!!!!! 


Excitement finally hit all of us that evening after work, we realized we would have a new addition, but also a sadness hit me when I was finally alone , I was about to become a single mom....



No comments: